Brasswood Estate and Village held their annual Vintner’s Vanguard Tasting 2018 on August 25th.
Wine enthusiasts from across the country came out to taste Napa Valley’s premiere wine labels and talents from noted winemakers.
Gracious hosts, Brasswood Estate owner/winemaker Stacia Dowdell and Estate General Manager, Marcus Marquez were thrilled with the positive feedback from both their winery partners and attending patrons. Besides making their own estate wine, Brasswood is also a custom crush facility for several wine partners who produce top rated wines including some who have received 100-points.
“This event is open to all wine enthusiasts of our winery partners and wine collectors that want to try hard to fine wines because of their small production,” said Marquez. “The Vintner’s Vanguard allows for participating vintners to showcase their current and new releases.”
Marquez and Dowdell work with an impressive list of Vintners’ utilizing their 17,000-square foot winery cave and lab to help produce some of Napa Valley’s award-winning wines.
“The energy in the room was special and something I haven’t felt before,” said Marquez. “Knowing we have a little part in the making of these wines, encourages us at Brasswood to continue to strive for excellence. We are grateful to be able to work with such amazing winemakers and their wines.”
Brasswood’s wine partners and participants of the Vintner’s Vanguard tasting 2018 included:
- Addax – Winemaker Russell Bevan
- Aloft – Winemaker Angelina Mondavi
- Bevan Cellars – Winemaker Russell Bevan
- Brasswood Cellars – Winemakers Stacia Dowdell & Angelina Mondavi
- Dark Matter – Winemaker Angelina Mondavi
- Fourth Leaf – Winemaker Angelina Mondavi
- Gallica – Winemaker Rosemary Cakebread
- Haber Family Vineyards – Winemaker Tim Milos
- Harumph Wines – Winemaker Michael DeSantis
- Ladera – Winemaker Jade Barrett
- Modus Operandi Wines – Winemaker Jason Moore
- Montagu Wines – Winemakers Jason Moore & Weston Eidson
- Moone Tsai Wines – Winemaker Philippe Melka
- Parallel Wines – Winemaker Philippe Melka
- Peirson-Meyer – Winemaker Robbie Meyer
- Silver Ghost – Winemakers Jason Moore & Weston Eidson
Photos & Story Courtesy of Kari Ruel