Kick Up The Flavor by Going Green
Use fresh spring herbs to add zing to grilled meats, seafood or vegetables with this South American condiment pack with fresh flavor.
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/3 cup LEGADO extra virgin olive oil
- Finely chop cilantro, parsley & oregano
- Add all ingredients to a glass jar
- Seal and shake
- Serve immediately or let it sit overnight
- Chopping your own ingredients ensures you will not bruise your
- If you over-mix at high speed, the polyphenols in the oil break away from the fatty acids in the oil and can cause a bitter
- Refrigerate? Since it contains fresh herbs, it’s best to keep it refrigerated.
- You can store chimichurri sauce in the fridge for a pretty long time – at least a week, and as long as 2 weeks.
Article By: Chef Patrick Merkely & Chef Alex Espinoza